My oldest led the way up the steep, partially wooded trail toward 11,000 feet today. I struggled to fill my lungs with air as I followed her. One of the goals of this hike was a view. So we paused at an opening to get one. What seemed high and hard half an hour before was now only a faint trail far below us. We still had more to go but we could see how far we had come and it seemed possible given the perspective.
It is day 2 of this 20-day pause on our life trail. Tara and I are trying to gain perspective from the view behind us (which could take a few days or more) and seek God’s guidance on the next part of our course toward the summit. A few family members are expressing their annoyance that they have been “dragged along” on this quest. I guess I can understand but I pray it proves beneficial for them.
On the walls inside the main building where we are is this artwork. What a life-challenge.
- Life from the Source: Our Creator, God, is the sole source of fulfilling life.
- Life-giving rhythms: Daily habits of time with Him is essential.
- Life together: Christian fellowship is essential.
- Missional life: Life has purpose beyond ourselves and we should seek to live it that way.
- Life that bears fruit: The result of practicing the above items will be fruit.
God, walk with us daily. Guide us. Give us perspective at this mountain view.